Yes, winners. Plural.
Last month, DAR readers were invited to side-step the dial-a-cliché of audio show music choices and nominate their own demo cuts for a chance of winning a lifetime’s supply of Roon.
Almost 200 of you listed the three songs you would play to show off a hifi system. That gave Roon CEO Enno Vandermeer and myself quite the task in selecting a winner.
Compiling the first hundred or so entries into Spotify and Tidal playlists was done mainly for my own amusement but also for other readers to get a taste of others’ choices.
Today we announce the winner, Sean C., who selected the following:
- Kendrick Lamar – King Kunta
- Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros – X-Ray Style
- Flying Lotus – Do the Astral Plane
Congratulations to Sean for his lifetime subscription. Vandermeer says it best: “We’re working hard to appeal to people who love music, so I’d be curious to hear your feedback as you get settled in using Roon. You clearly represent the kind of listener we’re trying to target!”.
Vandermeer and I also felt that two other entries were prize-worthy.
Vicente T. chose:
- Dexter Wansel – Life on Mars
- John Martyn – Over The Hill
- Disclosure, London Grammar – Help Me Lose My Mind
… and Emily F. went with:
- Mark Eitzel – Just Because
- Visible Cloaks – Screen
- King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Rattlesnake
Vincente and Emily win a year’s worth of Roon.