Peachtree Audio have announced their latest digital to analogue converter. The Peachtree DACiT features three digital inputs, USB, Optical, and Coaxial – all of which take advantage of the 24/192 ESS Sabre 9022 DAC chip. An all metal chassis and remote control round out the feature set.
The USB port on the Peachtree DAC*iT supports up to 24/96 and is galvanically isolated. Galvanic isolation eliminates noise emanating from the host computer’s USB port. The coaxial input will support up to 24/192 whilst the optical input only climbs to 24/96.
When asked if the DAC*iT USB would use asynchronous or adaptive data transfer the guys at Peachtree Audio replied:
“The DAC*iT is adaptive. Adaptive when coupled to the re-clocking jitter reduction of the ESS Saber chip, along with galvanic isolation, are two ingredients that have been key to the kind of SQ we get from our integrated units. This not only makes USB sound good but it also helps the coax and optical inputs with high jitter streaming devices.”
The DAC*iT comes with an RRP of US$449. No word yet on Australian availability or pricing.
Peachtree Dac*iT Features
- Three Digital Inputs: USB, Coax, Optical.
- Remote control to switch between inputs.
- Galvanic Isolation circuits to prevent computer noise from entering via USB cable.
- All metal chassis.
Peachtree Dac*iT Specifications
- 3 digital inputs USB, Coax, Optical
- Fixed line-level RCA stereo output
- ESS ES9022 Sabre DAC
- 24Bit/96kHz USB capability
- 24Bit/192kHz coaxial digital capability
- 24Bit/96kHz optical digital capability
- Transformer-coupled digital inputs for ground isolation
- Galvanically-isolated USB stage to reduce noise from computer’s switching power supply
- External power supply 100V-240V 50Hz-60Hz 9V 1A output
- Power consumption <1W
- Dimensions 2.42″ H x 6.5″ W x 6.5″ D, 2.33 lbs
Further information: SignalPath International