Purveyors of Class D amplification action, NuForce have announced their (statement) DAC 9. It sports six digital inputs (count ’em) and a bypassable volume control – the DAC 9 can be used with or without a pre-amp.
After a little to-ing and fro-ing on the issue, NuForce have confirmed that S/PDIF inputs will support up to 24/192 whilst the USB input is held back to 24/96.
The NuForce press release reads:
“NuForce DAC-9 is NuForce’s definitive digital-to-analog conversion hub, with a purist design that includes bypassable volume control, 6 digital inputs and both RCA/XLR outputs. Thanks to the defeatable volume control, the DAC-9 can be used without a preamp as a purely digital device. When switched to Fixed Output, the volume control circuit steps aside in order to provide a simpler, cleaner signal path.”
“An innovative output filter and minimalist analog output stage that requires no negative feedback permit the DAC-9 to preserve phase coherency and musical subtleties while simultaneously maintaining an excellent transient capability. The absence in the signal path of an oversampling filter and sample-rate conversion circuit further contribute to the DAC9’s excellent performance characteristics. In addition, a toroidal transformer with multiple stages of voltage regulation provides tight, low-impedance power.”
“For added convenience, the DAC9 includes a high-performance headphone output with independent volume control.”
And here’s some MIGHTY specification detailing:
- 6 inputs: USB, AES/EBU, RCA/BNC, RCA, Toslink, 3.5mm Optical
- Outputs: XLR, RCA, 3.5mm and 6.3mm headphone output
- Output Impedance: RCA, 0.01 Ohm; XLR, 50 Ohm; Headphone, 10 Ohm
- Output voltage 0dB, 1kHz: RCA 2.0/4.0Vrms, XLR 4.0/8.0Vrms (Low output/High output versions, low output version has to be custom ordered)
- Headphone power spec.:288mW rms @ 30 Ohm210mW rms @ 120 Ohm152mW rms @ 300 Ohm
- THD+N: 0.01, 0dB, 1kHz
- SNR: 103dB, 1kHz, A-weighted
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz +/- 0.25dB
- The true-balanced XLR output produces twice the gain of the RCA output.
- The remote and front panel controls allow for fixed and variable voltages.
- Touch panel control
- Remote control: volume, input select, dim, mute
- Volume and sample rate display
- Power consumption: 9WAC voltage: 100V/110V/220V/230V
- Dimension: 215mm (w) x 400mm (d) x 60mm (h)Weight: 3.2Kg net, 4.5Kg shipped
RRP is US$1695.
NuForce is distributed in Australia by W.A.R. Audio.